Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Renovations

We’ve been talking about renovating our house for a while now, really ever since we moved into the house 4 years ago.  Lately, however, the talk got more serious and we figured in the next 6 months we’d have enough money saved up to start phase one.  We’ll to my surprise, we were a lot closer than 6 months and Vaughn surprised me for Christmas with the contract to get us started in the new year!  This phase includes removing the wall that separates the kitchen from the den, new paint, hardwood floors in both rooms, and new couch.  We started the Tuesday after New Years, but with a bumpy start.  Callie had gotten a nasty stomach bug Monday (almost had to take her to the hospital it was so bad) so I couldn’t get the rooms cleaned out like I needed to. Thanks to Vaughn, JJ and my mom for coming in that night to save the day!  The rooms got cleared out so they could begin the next morning.

IMG_0966

The first piece of wood was removed, and so it began!

IMG_0969

IMG_0970

A dust wall went up, thank goodness, while they finished up the removal of the wall.  It was kinda freaky, reminded me of those killer movies…. anyway….

IMG_0974

Bye Bye wall! (From the den looking into the kitchen)

IMG_0976

So far, very happy!  Hard to believe this is really happening, but so glad it is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

reminds me of Dexter!