Monday, July 7, 2008

Buying Beer

Last weekend Vaughn and I were on our way to a friends house when he realized that he had no beer. Vaughn also conveniently forgot his wallet. Well I really didn't want to go in to buy the beer so I asked him to at least try to buy it with my credit card first. So on our first pit stop he goes in and they lady refuses to sell to him. So we travel to the next gas station and I go in to purchase the case. Well I get up to the counter and the cashier says "You aint about to drink that are you?" "Uh NO! It's for my husband." Cashier, with a discussed look on her face, "He makin you cary all dis?" "Yes, he is. Pretty terrible huh?" I'm sure my face was a very nice shade of red at this point. So as she is running my credit card another gentlemen walks up behind me, sees the case of beer that I'm about to buy and says, "You aren't about to drink that are you?" WOW! Really embarrassed now, I simply say, with a little laugh to make it all better, "Nope." I sign the ticket and I almost run out of the store. I told Vaughn that as long as I'm preggers I'll never buy beer again! It's funny now, but I was so embarrassed! At least there are some concerned citizens in the area. However, where are they when you really need them? Like when we were parked outside the store and a women pulls up and leaves her two children, both in a carseat, windows down, to go in to buy at 40 oz?

1 comment:

Shannon Viera said...

Love your story about the beer ~