Sunday, February 21, 2010

Costa Rica

Back in January Vaughn and I took another Chamber trip to Costa Rica. We've been fortunate enough to go on several Chamber trips and we were so excited to go again this year! We had never been to Costa Rica and we were delighted to get out of cold Columbia for a bit. It is a beautiful country and we would love to go back! We went to Liberia, Costa Rica, pronounced Lee-beria. Our tour guide told us to make sure we say "Lee-beria" or we would end up in Liberia, Africa. :) We stayed a an amazing all inclusive resort that had so much to offer us in activities, as we defiantly took advantage of that! The resort was located by itself on a a cove which was awesome to have it mostly to ourselves. the views were great, the water beautiful & warm!
The resort also had beautiful landscape and views!
The pool was a little cold for me, but Vaughn didn't have a problem partaking.
The nightlight and food was also great, which is sometimes rare for an all inclusive. They had different restaurants- Italian, Mexican and Asian were the ones we tried and loved them. We were sad to come back home because we were so spoiled by it!
Also, while we were there we were told we needed to do a Rain forest Canopy Tour. As some of you know I'm terrified of heights, but I sucked up and did it, and I'm so glad I did. The views were amazing and by the third zip line run I was fine. The tour guides though made fun of me and tried to scare me several times when they realized I was so nervous, Vaughn got a good laugh as well... ugh.
Vaughn and I are ready to go back, and hoping that next year the Chamber decides to go back. There is so much to do there and we didn't even get to do half of it. My tan is already gone, makes me a little sad that I'm looking like a ghost again. :)

No comments: