Saturday, May 2, 2009

Beach body ready? Not Me...

I've come to the realization over the last couple of days, I'm not ready to try on bathing suites and hit the beach for the summer. As some of you know, post baby body is nothing like pre-baby body. It has taken me a while to get used to the changes in my clothes, but the thought of getting in a bathing suit right now scares me. I started out strong in the weight loss division, but lately have hit a wall- diet and exercise ain't as easy as they once were. I keep saying it's because of my thyroid issues, but I hate having something to "fall" back on to blame. All that said, today is a new day. I've decided to take me loosing my last 10lbs seriously. No more letting a couple things slide every now and then. Vaughn and Shannon at work have been great inspirations. Vaughn, pictured below, is looking great on his new work out routine and Shannon has lost 20lbs on Weight Watchers and looks fantastic!!! We go to the beach the end of this month with Vaughn's family. I hope by then I'll be able to feel a little bit more confident hitting the beach! Wish me luck!


3 comments:

Amy said...

First of all, you look GREAT! But, yes, I remember feeling fine in clothes, but not-so-great in a bathing suit after Em. Oh, the things we sacrifice for our kids! But, as Vaughn would say, at least I'm nowhere near bathing suit ready either! :) Just stand next to me all summer and you'll look hot no matter what! I'll definitely be here to cheer you on all the way for those last 10 pounds...I'll sure need the cheering when I'm trying to lose all of the weight from this pregnancy by Katie and John's wedding! Love you!

lucialuschek said...

I second what Amy says... you look great! And, yes, it is very hard to not only get used to a different body shape, but even harder to lose the last few pounds. I have a lot more work to do that you! I too have been trying hard. So, I'll be cheering you on from way over here! Love and miss you bunches!

Shannon Viera said...

I cannot compare what you are going through with your body changes, but I know the frustration of hitting a wall. You look fabulous and I cannot imagine what changes I would see if I produced a beautiful child. All I know is that the body you have now is still beautiful and wondrous and those last few pounds will come off when they are ready. Focus on your family and not stress over those pounds.