Sunday, January 31, 2010

Happy New Years!

This year for New Year's we took a trip up north. And when I say up north, it was up there. We went to Charlemont, MA, aka in the middle of no-where. However, we managed to have a blast! It was super cold, never left the low 30's and they thought it was hot. Snow was everywhere, more than we've seen, and they said it was nothing.... Well, to these Southerner's it was a whole different world! It was a short flight up there and a 1 1/2 hour drive from Hartford, CT. We stayed at a cute bed and breakfast that had some farm animals. The company was great as well. Vaughn and I went with Travis & Emily and DR & Kelsey.

We stayed for several days and never slept in once. We were on the go and determined to play in the snow for as long as we could! We arrived New Year's Eve and partied at the local bar. It was very entertaining to see the locals get down, so needless to say we had a great time with them! Here's a picture of us before the big night...
The next day we went out to play at our friend's house. He has about 200 acres of land and we played on most of it. We snowmobiled, cross country skied, has snow fights, flung ourselves down hills, and just sat in the snow. We reverted back to five year olds....


The next day we decided to go snow skiing. None of us had been in a while so it was fairly interesting to watch us fall down the hill with our skies. I managed however to pick it up again fairly quickly, Vaughn, not so much. To be such the athlete, I was surprised he didn't do better. I was tickled because I finally was better at a sport than he was! HA

We had a fantastic time being in a new town and playing. I missed baby girl SO much though, it was our first trip away from home for more than a night since she was born. I was ready to get home and hug her neck. Loved being in cold weather with snow, but I think I like visiting it more than living in it... :)

No comments: