Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Baby #2 Update

Baby #2 is getting it's very first post for itself! Today Vaughn and I went to the doctor's for our 11 week appointment. Today was so exciting because we got to hear the heart beat and see an actual baby, not a little peanut! The baby is looking great and was sleeping while we peaked in. Of course I had to have blood work done and that didn't come back great. My thyroid is acting up again and is triple the level it needs to be, which I immediately have to start taking double the amount that I'm currently taking. So, where normal would be a 2, I'm at a 7. Nothing that a pill can't fix right now, which is such a blessing. Our next appointment will be in May at 15 weeks. Dr. H stated that we might be able to find out the sex at that time, but probably not. Vaughn and I've been debating on whether or not to find out this time, and as of right now, we are going to find out. We think this might help Callie out with the transition, but maybe not, and we would like to be a little more prepared this time around since it's the second. I'm a little sad though that we are finding out, I LOVED not knowing for Callie, it was so amazing when she was born and they said "It's a GIRL!! But I guess you still have that excitement during the exam, I don't know... ? But that being said, we still have a couple of weeks to make this decision for sure, who knows, we'll probably change our minds several times before then. So far, great pregnancy, can't complain, and feeling so blessed!

1 comment:

Amy said...

AS much as I prefer to keep my own kids' genders a surprise, I hate when other people do it because I want to know what they're having!!! So I vote FIND OUT!! :) Either way it will be so much fun!