Saturday, April 24, 2010

Everything is Bigger…

in Dallas!  Yes, I’m finally getting a post up about our awesome trip to Dallas, TX. Callie had never been on a plane before so I was a little nervous about how this trip was going to go.  The flight is about 2.5 hours, and for a 1 1/2 year old, that’s a long time!  We were very fortunate to have our flight not full, so Mac and I each had our own seat, which I got spoiled with on the way back- more on that later.  She was great during take off and even most of the trip.  She finally got fidgety and needed to move about the cabin.  Thankfully we were able to and the flight attendants were great to us.  We got settled back in our seats for landing and we were ready to play with Lucia and Lucia!

  We had to wear our SC outfit to represent…

photo

We hit the ground running, literally!  She was so excited to be able to run around once we got off the plane and I was so excited to see Lucia and Lucia!  It was great to catch up and I don’t think we stopped talking the entire trip- love girl talk with the best friend! :)  That night we went to their favorite Mexican restaurant and it did not disappoint.  Callie loved it too, and made a complete mess!photo1 The girls had some adjusting to do.  Being the princess’ of their domain, sharing didn’t come so easily- especially for my angel, HA! Everything became “MINE” even if they weren’t playing with it and someone just looked at it.  It got so bad, that Callie pulled out her bow and looked at me saying “MINE!”  Yes, baby girl, that bow was yours, but you can share it!!  It proved that baby #2 will have a not so sharing big sister at first, but hopefully will get there one day.  Although everything was “MINE” they had a blast together.   img_9403IMG_9402IMG_9489

photo2photo3We were so busy going everywhere I rarely had my camera so most of these are taken with my phone.  Let me just say thank goodness for decent cell phone cameras!  I would have missed so many opportunities of great pictures, like the one of her pushing the dog in the grocery cart! Sweet CiCi, such a sport. 

We hated to leave.  I love when I get the chance to go out to Dallas and visit, and I’m always trying to find the next best flight out there.  Speaking of flight, the flight home was less than great.  Lets just say it was full, Callie had a full blown fit, hitting and all, and I just about cried myself, terrible…  All that being said, I would do it again for another visit!  Callie and I miss Lucia and Lu so much and can’t wait to see them again- hoping they come in the fall for a Clemson Game!  Until then, we will work with Mac on sharing so when we get together again, we won’t hear the word “MINE!” :)

1 comment:

lucialuschek said...

yay! Miss you guys a ton too... whether it's a Clemson game or coming out to meet your 2nd born, we're gonna get there! Love you guys!