Monday, June 14, 2010

Aruba

Two weeks ago we left for Aruba for a Granger family vacation.  To be honest, I was very nervous about the entire trip.  Not only were we taking Callie- could she eat the food, need shots, how are the hospitals, the long flight, etc.- I’m pregnant and the worries about being away from our doctor.  All that being said, I sucked it up and made the journey!  Callie did great on the plane ride down and back- such the traveler now!  Benadryl really helped us out this time- it’s a four hour flight and with a 1 1/2 year old- that’s an eternity to sit still.  But, we made it without a single meltdown.

We arrived that afternoon, too late to go to the pool/beach, but scoped them both out to plot out the next day and then got a bite to eat.  I didn’t do well taking pictures the first half of the trip, but I made up for it towards the end. :)

Vaughn and I went for a date night one night to the Flying Fishbone.  It was amazing- the restaurant was on the beach and some were even in the water- guess where are seat was- yeap, in the water!  So cool.  The atmosphere was amazing, food was good but not the best we had while we were there, and the company was perfect!IMG_0164IMG_0172 IMG_0178 The next morning Vaughn, his brother, brother’s fiance, and dad went on a fishing trip.  They didn’t stay out long since DR got very sea sick- thankfully there you don’t have to go out very far to catch fish.  However, the fish didn’t want to be caught that morning.  Vaughn was the only one to catch something and it looks more like bait than the catch- oh well!aruba pictures 32127_1343020104291_1494870040_31080352_6393189_n 32127_1343020144292_1494870040_31080353_6834722_nWe spent a lot of time by the pool playing with daddy, and she ate it up.  We realized she hasn’t spent that much time with Vaughn since last summer- a whole week straight is something we rarely get!

IMG_0200

IMG_0182

By the end of the trip, you could say she was something of a “Daddy’s Girl”IMG_0214 Callie’s favorite meal was a La Hostaria, an Italian Restaurant, and it was my favorite.  It was some of the best food I’ve ever had, and wish we had it’s likeness here!  She started out eating like a little lady, fork and all, but decided it was too good to not just shovel it in her mouth- thank goodness for bibs!IMG_0222IMG_0224 I had been wanting to take picture of Mac by the beach the entire trip, so finally, the last morning we got up and headed down to do them.  I wasn’t sure how she was going to act, but she ended up being the perfect model!  She was so good, I took TONS, so here are just a sample of my favorite…IMG_0237 IMG_0243 IMG_0256 IMG_0266IMG_0270 I also begged Vaughn for a family shot, we rarely get these and I wasn’t going to let this pretty background go!IMG_0275 Overall it was a good trip, exhausting with the entire family and Callie- yes.  Am I ready for a mommy daddy trip to someplace like Aruba, you betcha.  Next, Callie and I are headed to Washington, D.C. and Gettysburg, P.A. with my parents for a trip.  It’s the Rowland Reunion and we are super excited!

3 comments:

The Young Family said...

Ok wiping the tears from my eyes about Oliver's post, but this post was so cute! Those pictures of her are ADORABLE. I am so impressed she did well on the plane and I will have to get some plane tips from you before we take Carrie on one!

Chollet said...

Those pictures of Callie are SO CUTE!! Good job, Mom!

Michelle said...

Erin, those beach pictures are PRECIOUS!!! She is just the cutest thing, and of course I love the curls!! Glad it was a nice trip!