Monday, August 2, 2010

Potty Training

This week Callie and I don’t have much planned so I thought I would try getting her used to her potty and seeing where that took us.  Little did I know what this morning’s experience would bring us!  We first went into the bathroom to see our new potty and read our potty book.  She was SO excited, we’ve been talking about potty’s for a while now so for her to get her own was exciting!IMG_1267I didn’t have to coax her onto the potty, she wanted to do it all on her own.  I didn’t have high expectations for this, so we left our clothes on, I just wanted her to get used to the idea of sitting on the potty.Potty!Then it was time to read our new potty book. Potty!1She saw the girl go potty in the book and she wanted to take her diaper off to be like her.  Well apparently one must not only take off the diaper to go potty, but their shirt.Potty!3We sat and read books for a while, she didn’t want to get up…IMG_1289I finally convinced her to watch a movie on her potty and not two minutes into the movie, drum roll please…. IMG_1295She went potty!!  Not only that but she acted like it was no big deal!  I had no expectations of our potty experience but so excited that she decided to go!  Now, we’ll just wait and see what the rest of today brings us, fingers crossed, but not holding my breathe!

1 comment:

Chollet said...

Yay Callie! What a big girl! Looks like she's getting ready to be the big sister!