Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Thunderstorms and Callie

Callie is apparently not a fan of thunderstorms.  I can’t say I blame her, I used to be TERRIFIED of them myself.  Last night we had quite a large storm come in with lightening, thunder, wind, rain.  It was such a strong storm our back door flew open, setting off the alarm.  It also seemed to happen all at once, which woke Vaughn and I up in a panic, and Callie up in absolute terror.  She RAN screaming into our room and jumped into our bed.  It was the first time that she’s ever done that- out of fear.  It was a momma & daddy moment like never before.  To be able to make your little one feel safe by cuddling up is something I can’t explain.  I loved it.  She, however, is not excited about the upcoming weather report either- storms for the next week.  Looks like we’ll have Callie crawling in our bed a couple of times for the next week, and we’re okay with that. :)

No comments: