Monday, December 12, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday Callie!

(Yes, this is two months behind, but I couldn’t not post this!)

We officially have a three year old in the house, our Big Sister turned three!  If she could, Mac would like to really be 4, that’s all she talks about “When I turn four I get gum!”  So turning three for Callie just meant that she was that much closer to four and gum.  For me, sentimental mom, it meant one year older, one year further from the day she was born.  IMG_1985

First Day

Callie is very into reading, singing, dancing, and playing puzzles.  She would also probably watch TV all day every day if I let her, I’m assuming this is a normal three year old thing though- right?!

  IMG_8452One

Callie LOVES her sister, and for that I am so thankful for.  Now that Chloe is starting to walk, she and Callie play very well together.  I don’t think they are far away from sharing a room, Mac is constantly asking for “Kowey” to sleep in her room or vice versa.  She does, however, love the moments when it’s just all about her.  I love it too.  Whenever I can have a moment with just one of my girls, to give her that one on one attention, it’s awesome.  IMG_2021Two

She is really loving school.  When I drop her off in the morning she gets really embarrassed if I stay longer than just dropping her book bag off.  She has only sat in time out once, for taking a toy, but usually comes home with a happy face on her daily report card.   18

Mac also really loves dance class and all her little friends in it.  It’s also great when I have a friend in the lobby to converse with while we wait on our little ballerinas! 19

She’s a daddy’s girl through and through.  He has hung the moon in her eyes, and I never want that to go away.  She’s his little helper, making sure his belts on correctly before he leaves for work, a sous chef when he’s grilling, and makes sure he eats a good dinner at night.  Callie also listens to her daddy better than anyone else.  She knows he means business, I wish it worked that well with me!

23 copy

Callie loves “mommy’s and daddy’s” schools, not knowing that most of the world must like one or the other.  We’ve worked hard for that, hoping that you’ll grow up to appreciate that USC and Clemson are two great schools- not bitter terrible rivals.

26

We’re working on her sense of style, we’ll maybe I should say letting her express herself every once in a while with her clothing.  She’d love to wear every color at once, and not exactly in a good way if you know what I mean.  This momma has a hard time some days doing this.  She’s also over wearing bows most days, which breaks my heart because I think they are so cute on her.  Callie does love headbands which is an okay compromise, just trying to keep those curls out of the face!

29-2

Unlike Chloe, Callie is not stingy with the hugs and kisses with us.  She is very shy though with strangers and new situations.  We’ve learned to talk about what we are about to do and see way in advance with her and then she does great.

30

When I think back to all that' we’ve done over the last three years, I feel so blessed at how wonderful it’s been to have this sweet amazing girl on this journey with us.  I can only imagine what the next three years are going to look like and I cannot wait to see this little girl turn into a real big girl! 

Happy Birthday Callie Mac- We Love You!  

31 copy

Three!

1 comment:

lucialuschek said...

omg Erin... these pictures are amazing... I adore this beautiful girl!!!