Thursday, February 9, 2012

New York, New York!

Every once in a while I’m lucky enough to tag along with Vaughn on a trip to NYC for the MRKet Show.  I was very lucky to go in January and thankful that my parents agreed to watch the girls!  As we were finishing packing Friday afternoon, Callie wanted to make sure Vaughn and I both had our ‘just in case’ band-aids- just in case we got a boo-boo and needed it!  Love it!

IMG_1350

Excited waiting in the airport- I don’t get out much! ha

IMG_1352

We arrived in NYC, dropped our luggage off at the hotel, then headed out to Lombardi’s for some pie.  It was seriously the best pizza ever.  We ate all but one slice of the pizza!

IMG_1356

We then headed down to the Empire State Building.  It was late at night, 10:30ish, and I’ve heard that this was the time to go, and it was!  There was not a single line, I think we were two out of 30 people there? 

IMG_1357

It was SO high up!  I’m terrified of heights and would only get about five feet from the edge, my hands are sweating thinking about it, ha!

IMG_1360

It was well worth it though.  I mean, look at this view!  One thing we noticed was how quiet it was all the way up there; ah can I go back now?!

IMG_1364IMG_1370

We had heard it was going to snow the next day.   I had planned (me plan, crazy I know!) for us to go to the Today Show, but said if it was snowing in the A.M. we’d pass.  So we opened our windows in the morning to see snow!  I was bummed about not going, but I always love snow.

IMG_1374

We walked across the street from the hotel to our favorite breakfast spot, the Astro.  A warm hot chocolate for me and a coffee for Vaughn and we were good to go to work- yes we did have to work some while we were there.

IMG_1375

Saturday was set up day at MRKET and since we had a booth there, we needed to set up!

IMG_1381

I felt like I was in a sea of mannequins with no end in sight.  It was very hard to dress these guys and set up when there was so much to do and see out in NYC!

IMG_1382

So we hustled through and made the most of it and had a great time making everything look nice…

IMG_1385

which made a late lunch drink even better!

IMG_1388

We then hit the streets for some shopping.  Nike Town, FAO Schwartz, H&M to name a few

IMG_1390

That night we had a great dinner at a Chinese restaurant, cannot remember the name now.  So yummy and I know we’ll go back.  I had wanted to go see Grand Central Station and Vaughn wanted some oysters at The Oyster Bar at Grand Central.IMG_1404

Sadly we got there after the kitchen had closed so no oysters, but good drinks and- great atmosphere!

IMG_1406

We were exhausted at this point and headed back to rest.  Vaughn had to work the show the next day and Kelsey and I were flying home.  Sunday Kelsey and I had a few hours to spend in the city before we had to be at the airport and we made the most of those hours.  We headed to the 9/11 Memorial.  There wasn’t much to see, you needed to get tickets and go when they were open for visitors.  But it was still neat to walk around and take it all in.  Last time I was there it was December after 9/11, so yes, very different.

IMG_1421

We then headed to Times Square to take a peak.  I’m always amazed how bright it is with all the billboards!  We couldn’t stay long cause we had a plane to catch.  So we said goodbye to NYC until next time, which I hope is sooner than later!

IMG_1437

After a crazy trip home, delayed and unpressurized planes, I got to see these to sweet ones.  They loved their treats from FAO, I seriously could have bought the whole store for them!

IMG_1443

No comments: