Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Den Renovation

Back in January we decided to do some renovations on our den, and I just realized I never blogged about the final product!  To refresh, we started out the process with a sick little Mac, see her on the floor in this pic? 

IMG_9008

But with some help from friends and family everything got moved out of the room and the guys could begin the next day.

IMG_9010

First up was knocking out the wall that separated the kitchen and den, it was amazing how much a difference this one change made.

IMG_1062

Next the carpet was ripped up and thrown away.  I was probably the most excited about this.  It was gross. 

IMG_1012

I got to pick out paint, sorta.  We hired an interior designer to help us make a cohesive look.  She suggested two colors for us to choose from, thank goodness because I was so overwhelmed!

IMG_1015IMG_1030

Next was picking out the floor.  Since we have some hardwood downstairs already, trying to match it was almost impossible.  So we got as close as we could and I think it turned out great

IMG_1017

nasty carpet gone!

IMG_1022

During the renovations our house was a little chaotic.  Being home with the kids was hard, naps were even harder.  This one particular day we had renovation guys working, painters, and the alarm system guy all working.  Chloe’s face says it all 

IMG_1029

Again, so thankful for the interior designer, I don’t know what I would have done

IMG_1031

Paint is up!

IMG_1088IMG_1089

We also had to purchase some new furniture: chair, couch, tv table, another table thing, lamps, rug, fireplace grate, and then I made some pillows.  I forgot to take actual ‘after’ pics, so here are some from Kelsey’s baby shower. A little different huh?!

IMG_0268

A view from the kitchen into the new den

IMG_0286

The hardwoods are also in the kitchen now.  I tried to convince Vaughn to replace the appliances while we were at it, but he pumped the breaks on that ‘renovation.’  I keep asking them to break at anytime, but they just won’t die!  So until then, We’ll live with the 90’s style appliance that still work great but sure don’t look like they should.   

No comments: