Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Callie and Chloe’s Barnyard Bash!

image

We celebrated the girls birthdays together again this year in one big party.  I’m seriously going to do this for as long as possible, makes it MUCH easier for me!  We went with a barnyard theme, I could lie and say it’s because they love farm animals etc, but I fell in love with the theme and then sold the girls on it.  Pinterest was my friend planning this party, and I’m kind of sad I won’t get to look up these cute barn ideas anymore!   The Granger’s have a beautiful home in Blythewood that has a barn, it made a perfect place to have this party.  We welcomed our friends to the barn with bales of hay and signs.

24

Each guest got a bandana and a hat to take with them and play with while they were there.

1

214

We also had a little photobooth for the party goers.  I think I enjoyed it more than anyone though!

1856736

3

We had a little table set out with crayons and little things to make a cowboy/girl out of

891544

Our big birthday girl!

22

We had a little bit of everything for the food: pigs in a blanket, BBQ, veggie tray, a cheddar bacon ranch dip.  Desserts included: cupcakes, smores marshmallow pops, strawberries with dip, and cow tails.

111325

A friend of ours has a blow up jump house and I took them up on the offer to bring it to the party.  It was a HIT!  This is now on our girls Christmas list

2832

Now we had horses there, three of them in fact, and it was amazing that it even happened.  I had contacted several barns/companies about the possibility of having a horse at the party for everyone to ride.  It wasn’t a party making must have deal, the Grangers already have a horse and I knew the kids would love just visiting with him, but I also wanted to give it a shot to get one there for them to ride.  So I finally got in touch with two different folks about it.  After some confusion and thoughts of them not even coming, we ended up having BOTH of the folks bringing horses.  Three’s better than none? sure! Callie had a BLAST and rode several times on each horse

20

You couldn’t wipe Big V’s smile off his face, he was in his element for sure!

Big VJames2

Julian

Lots of the party goers rode, but some kept a safe distance, not everyone likes a big ole horse!

Reese

Kelsey, Me, Chloe and Levi watching the kids ride

3334

Chloe never warmed up enough to ride a horse, but she loved looking and talking about them

35

It was finally time to sing happy birthday to the girls, and both were a little shy about it.  I did think it was nice that they both had each other to lean into for support with all that attention on them. 

3738

once the song was over, they dug right into their cupcakes

39

As the party was winding down I wanted to make sure I got pictures of us with the birthday girls at the photobooth

41

Might not be the best family picture, but it’ll work!

42

We all had a great time at the party and Callie won’t stop talking about her Barnyard Bash and riding Appaloosa (the pony she rode several times)!  I had a TON of help setting up and preparing for this party, you know who you are and I cannot thank you enough!!!! 

Happy Birthday Callie and Chloe!  We love you!