Thursday, November 8, 2012

Our family has had their fair share of bumps in the road you could say. Some of these will take a while to overcome while others are easier. As a Christian I believe that God has a purpose for every bump, even if we can't see it at that moment. A few years ago Vaughn and I went through a tough time with a family member being an alcoholic. It was the hardest thing we ever went through to get them on the path of sobriety, but it paid off. This family member put in the hard work it took to get sober and has been ever since- so amazing! The knowledge we gained from that life moment has proven invaluable in this past week. Another one of our family members is now on their road to sobriety, and I couldn't be more relieved. It's been a long journey for this person and I'm praying that the time is right and that they are ready to accept the help they will receive over the next couple of weeks. Vaughn and I know the hard part is still to come, but they took the most important first step to start. As we go over this bump as a family I'm hopeful of the outcome. I linked below information on substance and alcohol abuse. If you think someone you know may be abusing, please don't wait to help them.

Alcohol Abuse Information
Drug Abuse Information



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: