Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Voting- with a 2 year old

Four years ago Callie was just a tiny little baby when I went and voted for who our next President would be.  It was a long wait with her, but thankfully she slept the entire time.  Fast forward four years to this Presidential election, Chloe was the lucky one to accompany me in this civic duty.  Chloe’s MMO was closed that day (very frustrating) so she didn’t have much of a choice in the matter.  We dropped Callie off at school earlier than usual and then headed to our local recreation center to vote.  We walked up to a line that way already out the door (and this place is a gym with lines wrapped all along the inside.) Great…IMG_7119

I brought the stroller with me so Chloe could hang out, eat snacks, read books, play on my phone, etc.  Thank goodness I did.  The first hour in she was in good spirits and hadn’t asked once to get out

IMG_7126

The second hour ended with a very grumpy two year old and mom

IMG_7136

at one point I let Chloe hold my phone, she took some pictures of our trip, good times

IMG_7139

After a little over two hours, with several of the voting machines down/broken, I got to vote.  Very frustrated about the time it took to do so, and so is the rest of Columbia, SC, but that’s another day.  The fact is, I did it and I’m proud to show my girl it’s worth the wait to do something so many other women around this world don’t have the privilege to do.

IMG_7137

Chloe was worn out by the whole process by the time we got Callie picked up and back home

IMG_7143

I’m thankful for the break in political ads and that this election season is over.  Crazy to think I’ll have an eight and six year old the next time we vote for our president…

No comments: