Thursday, March 6, 2008

8 1/2 Weeks

Lab tests came back saying that, yes, my thyroid is low and I would need to be on medication for the rest of the pregnancy. I was kinda bumed about it, until I took the miracle drug. That same day I felt better than I have in weeks. I had twice as much energy and just felt like the fog was lifted! I finally researched what fetal development issues were related to this and I was surprised at what I found. In the first trimester low thyroid can cause delays in the baby's motor skills, in the second trimester it can cause a the baby's IQ to be a couple of points lower than it should be. So good thing we caught it early on!

Yesterday my Aunt Ellen stopped by my work to drop off some art work done my my cousin's children, my flower girls: Sydney, Kennedy and Mary-Clay. They each got to decorate two sheets of paper (they got to go to Micheal's and pick the paper out themselves) with baby stickers and advise for Vaughn and I for the new baby. Mary-Clay (4) drew a picture of Vaughn and I pushing the baby in the stroller- I guess she wanted us to take the baby on walks. Kennedy (7) wrote that Vaughn and I need to put the baby to bed together each night and then we can do what we do, like watch TV. Then Sydney (10) said to kiss the baby each night together and make sure we are able to hear the baby. Vaughn and I love these! They are on our refrigerator and will be put in the baby scrap book.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I want to see this alleged "scrapbook" that you're gonna make!! :) You can bring Baby Granger over to play with Emory and we'll scrapbook together!