Sunday, December 19, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jesus

We got together with the Dupree’s and Helfer’s to celebrate Jesus’ Birthday again this year, aka our Happy Birthday Jesus Party.  Last year was our first time coming together to celebrate only knowing that we would add one baby to the mix, not three!  That being said, we had a house FULL of little ones, and I loved it!

Vaughn and I hosted this year’s celebration and had all plans of making Lasagna Rolls for everyone, but after some traveling hold ups, that fell short and we just ordered pizza.  I don’t think anyone minded though, especially the kids who were having so much fun playing they barely ate!  IMG_6543_thumb IMG_6547_thumbIMG_6551_thumbIMG_6552_thumb

After “eating” some dinner, it was time to open some presents!  Chloe hung out while the other kids tore into their gifts.image_thumb2   Callie got some play-doh, and she wanted to open it right thenIMG_6580_thumb James thankfully got a cool enough toy to distract her for a minute where I could put it away until a later time.  He was such a good sharer!IMG_6590_thumb After presents, it was time for some cake!  Amy and Emory made and decorated the cake and did an awesome job- super yummy!IMG_6600_thumb

Two candle were placed on top for our 2nd annual celebration.  The kids got together to blow them out, but I think Callie was most interested in eating the cake itself!  This was also our best attempt at getting a group picture

IMG_6602_thumb

Boland finally decided to wake up towards the end of our get together.  We couldn’t pass up the opportunity to take a picture of the two littlest ones, I love how Chloe is looking at him and Boland is like- what are y’all doing to me?!

IMG_6623_thumb  I’m a sucker for traditions and I’m so glad we continued this one, squeezing it into all of our busy schedules!  I love these two families and looking forward to many more Jesus Birthday Parties!

** Thanks Amy for taking pictures!**

No comments: