Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Happy Caterpillar Birthday Party!

This past Saturday we had SO much fun celebrating the girls birthdays with our closest friends and family!  I decided that this year we would combine their parties, being only 12 days apart in the month we can easily get away with this for a bit.  I had been searching online for party ideas when I came across a Very Hungry Caterpillar themed birthday.  At first glance I thought it was to “boyish” but after some convincing from friends I went with it, and I’m so glad I did.  With some girly tweaks, putting a bow on the caterpillar and doing some butterflies, the party was great and a teeny girly! 

The proud grandmammas with one of the birthday girls!IMG_6984

Vaughn, Justin and CholletIMG_6986

Max and AidenBirthday Party

The food!  We kept with the Hungry Caterpillar theme and had most of the foods that he ate through in the book our for everyone to enjoy too.  Birthday Party3

The big caterpillar birthday smash cake and cupcakes!Birthday Party1

When it was time to sing “Happy Birthday” Callie wasn’t really feeling it.  She got really shy and thank goodness for Nana helping her get through the song.  :)  P.S.  Please look at Chloe in the bottom left picture- this cracks me up!

Birthday Party2

Then it was time to sing to the other birthday girl!  IMG_7066IMG_7068

She dug right in to her smash cake! IMG_7071IMG_7073

She was more interested in tasting the icing than the cake, so she really didn’t get '”into” the cake cause I took it away after a couple handfuls of icing. IMG_7085

Seems that everyone else enjoyed the cupcakes though! IMG_7090

After a quick bath, IMG_7104

we headed back to the party!IMG_6993IMG_6997

It seemed that everyone had a great time!Birthday Party5IMG_7015IMG_7022IMG_7028IMG_7042

There were antennas so everyone could find their inner butterfly/caterpillarIMG_7099IMG_7112

I was so happy that my grandmother was able to come and celebrate with us!  Couldn’t pass on a four generation picture!IMG_7122IMG_7132

Then more party fun!IMG_7141IMG_7156IMG_7152IMG_7162

We thanked everyone for coming and parting with us!IMG_7002

The girls had a great time with their friends and it was a great way to celebrate them turning 3 and 1!  As usual I couldn’t have done it with my mom, Debo, and Chollet- thanks girls for the wonderful help to make this party extra special for the girls!  After Chloe took a quick nap we apparently didn’t have enough fun for the day because we headed out to the fair with Nana (blog post to come) and then cooking out with friends!  It was one of my favorites days, and I think for the girls as well :)

No comments: