Monday, July 25, 2011

Chloe’s Nine Month Appointment

Chloe had a GREAT 9 month Dr.s appointment.  I tend to have mixed feeling about going for a few reasons: cements them getting bigger/older, shots, and usually a couple of things I’m not doing/need to start doing.  This visit was no different.  It confirmed that baby girl is 9 months, but is the size of a 12 month old. (at least).  She got one shot, HepB, but cried very little- thank goodness because I hate seeing that face so sad!  I also found out that sweet little big one was taking too much formula.  Yes, apparently I missed the memo to slow it down a bit when I added food- OPS- I don’t think she minded, but were cutting back (our bank account will appreciate it too).  I was also informed that I need to stop being lazy, I’ve been giving her bottle to her in her bed to let her fall asleep.  Yes, the ease of her holding the bottle was just too easy and got the better of me.  The downside is that she’s now having trouble getting settled for naps, since this was her “paci.”  Were working on the transition, I guess its payback for me trying to take the short cut!  Overall though she got a great report and if all goes well, we won’t be back until her 12 month, 12 MONTH!!!!!, appointment.

Height: 30” ~ Weight: 23.6lbs ~ HC: 47.5

The Dr.s office always gives us a sheet of information when we leave of what to expect in the next couple of months, things we need to start doing/avoiding, etc.  One was safety: safety plugs in electrical sockets, lock cabinets; fence stairways at top and bottom if child has access to either end.  I felt that we were WAY beyond this since she loves electrical sockets, cabinets and stairways- all of those “safety” items have been checked off our list for a while!

photo[1]

No comments: