Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Callie’s 1st Day of School

We couldn’t believe that the day had finally come, Callie’s 1st Day of School!  We had talked about this day for a while now with Callie and she seemed excited about it too.  Mac even told me at one point “Don’t cry momma, it’ll be okay.”  Yeah, okay, I’ll try.  She’s in the Two’s group at Eastminster; she’s one of the oldest in the class because of where her birthday falls only going two days a week.  Well, you know when you envision a day, how it would go, what you’d wear, etc and get all exited about that “envision” then it turns out NOTHING like you wanted it too?!  That was this particular morning.  I saw it with us waking us, having pancakes, smiles all around while we got ready in our pretty dress, a cute picture on the front steps and we’d head off to school with our book bag ready to go!  Yeah, right… here’s how it really went down…

Callie woke up in a whinny mood, this happens on occasion and we try to just go with it, not giving it attention cause that usually fuels it.  Just one look at this face and you can see what I’m talking about…IMG_6702She only perked up when Vaughn came down, this girl LOVES her daddyIMG_6705We sat down to have our pancakes, only to realize that there was no more syrup in the pantry, so we went with honey instead, I don’t think she minded, but still…  I tried to get a picture of her eating, had to get the hair just right1st Day of School 8-9After both girls got dressed, which included screaming because I wasn’t doing this or that right, we headed downstairs to get a quick picture on the front steps.  Before I could even get to my camera, we had meltdowns… she pulled out her bow and ponytail because it wasn’t “like daddy likes it.”  This was my view, both the girls crying on my leg…photo

I wasn’t going to be defeated by the tears!  I fixed her hair the way “daddy likes it.”  This is just a simple ponytail, but the only way I can get her hair out of her face.  To the front steps where she refused to take a picture, these are what I got…1st Day of School 8-91

Chloe wanted to see what was going on, she LOVES standing here, and I LOVE those legs! :)IMG_6718

I have learned with Mac that if you run around she eeks out a little smile, so that’s what I did and we got these two cute ones.  Not what I had in mind of a first day of school picture, but hey, I’ll Take it!

IMG_6734IMG_6738

We loaded up in the car with everyone in a little bit of a funk, but we couldn’t be late to our first day of school! We got to school where Daddy showed up to go with us and that perked her up BIG time.  By now, the early morning whining and crying is gone and our happy silly Mac is back!  Thank. Goodness.  She was now so excited to go to her classroom she ran down the hall to get there.4

We waited outside the classroom to go inside.  Found our name on the board..

3

silly with Daddy1Quick family pic!

2

Right after this, we took her in where she acted like she’d done it many times before.  We left, I didn’t cry (surprise),  and didn’t get a phone call to pick her up.  When I cam back to pick her up, they were all sitting at their table reading a book, something she loves to do!  She was so happy, not to necessarily to see me, but to tell me what she did that day.  She told me all about her playing basketball, painting a picture, reading books, and going potty on the tiny potty!  I was so happy that she perked up when we got there, and that her first day of school went great!  Not the morning that I had imagined, but what it was meant to be.  Callie is already excited to go back on Thursday, she goes Tuesdays and Thursday, and loves the fact they have little potties- who knew?!  Hoping that Thursday morning will go a little smoother than Tuesdays, I think once our routine gets going, it’ll all get easier. 

So here’s to a great 1st Year of School Callie Mac, we love you!

1 comment:

Chollet said...

Oh, goodness. What's worse? My out of focus, blurred first day of school pics? Or your sad face behind the hands pics?! Not quite as we imagined, but I'm so proud of Callie for being so brave! That's great! I hope you were able to drop Chloe off at the drop-in and take a Mommy breather! :)