Monday, August 8, 2011

Weekend Fun

Do you ever have those weekends where going into it you don’t have much planned, if anything, and just say to yourself, well this is just going to be one of those uneventful weekends.  That’s how this weekend started for us, except something went right with the heaven above and it ended up being a blast! 

We started out Friday with meeting our teacher at school.  Mac was super excited that there was a kitchen she could play with.  We also got to meet some of the other kids that will be in her class, it’s safe to say that Callie is taller than all of them.

school

Saturday we woke up and headed to Blythewood.  Mom and Dad joined us for an estate sale I saw on Twitter. I had never been to one before and I was totally interested in seeing what that’s all about.  I’ve never seen anything like it,everything in the house was for sale- lights, fixtures, windows, plates, frames, beds, even the brick the house was made out of was being sold!  It wasn’t really might taste in things, but I did find a neat iron piece that I’m going to hang on our fence.  I’ll defiantly try another one to see what “treasure” I can find!

Then on Sunday we headed up to Charlotte, NC with Vaughn for some work and play!  Vaughn was headed up there for a selling/buying trip for the store and we decided we’d tag along.  Vaughn had to be there before much in Charlotte was open on a Sunday so we stuck around to see him purchase some ties and shirts.  Callie was super excited to help him out, and even got to pick out a swatch!

callie swatch

Sitting with Daddy picking out swatches

Callie and Daddy show

After a little while we headed out to Discovery Place.  I had only been there once when I was around 10 so it was neat to see it again (it looks nothing like I remember it, I guess they’ve done some updating, good for them).  Half of Discover Place was a little old for the girls, but the other was right up our alley.  She liked this iguana, she wasn’t afraid to touch- crazy!

Callie and lizard

sensing a theme here… By the way, I love the reflection of her face in this picture, love that facelizard

Mac is very into “RAARRR”ing latley, so we came to these guys, that’s exactly what she didrawr

Yes, Chloe came too!  We finally found an activity that she could participate in, a water table!  Thought this was awesome, she could sit right in the table.  She thought it was awesome as well, but you wouldn’t know by her face :)

ChloeChloe duck

After this we headed back to pick Vaughn up and head on home.  The girls were exhausted and thankfully napped the whole way home and even a little when we got there.  It was a great escape from our day to day here in Columbia and I think we’ll even make it a tradition!  I loved that the weekend turned out so fun for us without being planned.  Hope we have many more like them!

No comments: