Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Dance Recital

The ending of the school year also means the ending of dance.  Callie thoroughly enjoyed dance this year and had gotten even excited about dancing on the big stage!  Well when it came actually getting ready for rehearsal and recital, that was a different story.  Like I said here, she’s having some issues when it comes to certain outfits, and this one was a doozie.  Needless to say, once I got her dropped off, she did great and you could see this HUGE smile on her face while she was on stage.   I was able to get a video of their rehearsal, and I’ve tried uploading it but it’s not working, hopefully I can figure that out cause its SO cute

The next night we got back to the Koger Center, in only our tights and t-shirt because we refused to get dressed, for the actual recital.  There was a moment when I thought her dancing on stage wasn’t going to happen.  G-Kat, Big V, Nana, Uncle Alex, Chloe, Vaughn and I waited to see what would happen.

IMG_3309

And sure enough, she did it! She was great and it was just precious!  I went and got her from the ‘holding area’ and she was just so excited about doing her dance on the stagee.

IMG_3312

Lots of hugs were given out

IMG_3313IMG_3317

We posed with our ‘bestest friend’ Reese

IMG_3315

and ran around with some other ballerinas!

IMG_9430

We took a quick family picture and then headed out to dinner with the family to celebrate!

IMG_9434

To be honest I was glad that it was over, those two days wore me out with the drama.  I did enjoy seeing her so happy after it though.  Also, it took me back a second to think that next year there is the possibility of BOTH girls dancing in recital- CRAZY. 

No comments: