Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Parent Teacher Conference

There is nothing that cements you getting older than having your first parent teacher conference.  Vaughn and I had our first conference with our first born towards the ending of school, and I’ll never forget it!  We met with Ms. Dawne to discuss where Callie was and how she did.  I was supper happy with her progress, all but two A’s! (A=always)  The two M’s were with throwing and rolling a ball.  Considering Vaughn and I were both heavily into sports growing up, this really surprised me- looks like I know what were doing this summer! Ms. Dawne did have a ‘serious’ moment with us.  Callie is apparently very gifted in the art department, she obviously gets this from her Uncle D.  Dawne stated that she hasn’t seen something like Callie’s talent in the 12 years she been teaching this age group and highly encouraged us to foster this talent.  I knew she loved coloring and everything ‘arts & craffts’ but not having anything to compare it with I thought it was normal, well apparently not!  I’ve started to look at little art summer camps for her to possibly take, but most require the kid to be 4.  We also took the opportunity to talk with Ms. Dawne about some emotional development issues we were having with Callie at home (you know the meltdowns) and she gave us some good pointers.  I’ll say it was an amazing report and and I’m looking forward to more to come!

photo

No comments: