Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother’s Day

Mother’s day happened to be the day after Travis and Emily’s wedding.  The girls spent the night out with Nana and Big V so Vaughn and I actually got to sleep in a bit!  I’ve been begging Vaughn for what seems like years for the two of us to go on a trip.  Not a trip with work tagged to it, or other friends/family members, just the two of us.  Well, Mother’s Day, I got that wish!  Were headed to Jamaica in September and I couldn’t be more excited!  I haven’t done much research on what to do yet, I know the resort has lots of activities for us to do, I’m just excited to escape for a couple of days with V!

IMG_3281

We got ready and then headed out to Blythewood for the day.  We picked up the girls and had lunch with the Grangers.  They even let us take a long nap, second best mother’s day gift!  After our naps, it was on to G-Kat and Papa’s house.  They were hosting dad’s side of the family for dinner to celebrate mother’s day and Aunt Joanne’s birthday.  Callie’s new favorite thing to do is going fishing.  And I just love her excitement when she actually catches one!

IMG_3275

I couldn’t imagine a more perfect mother’s day, or weekend for the matter!  I love this family and so thankful for them each and every day!

No comments: