Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Callie’s Frist Last Day

This year marked several firsts for Callie with school.  Her first first day of school, first friends, and even the first last day of school.  I tried not to think about it.  The fact that next year she’ll be going to school 5 days a week, that she’s that much older, and the fact that she loves school so much she might not like being gone for summer.  I went along with the morning like nothing was different, but Callie was supper excited and you couldn’t wipe the smile off her face- all she cared about was the ice cream party they were about to have!

IMG_3463

Picture by her classroom door and last time she’ll be on that hall at school

IMG_3461

Cleaned out cubby

IMG_3465

I left her one last time, then dropped Chloe off at MMO down the hall, got in my car and seriously got teary eyed.  Who knew leaving the Two’s would be this hard on momma! haha

I picked her back up and we gave our goodbye hugs to everyone

IMG_3467

I’m sure going to miss these kids!  While trying to get a picture with Ms. Dawne, all her little friends wanted to join in on the fun!

IMG_3471

IMG_3473

We went home with one last painting, one I’ll keep forever. 

Later that day we decided to go celebrate the end of the school year at Mad Platter.  The girls love this place and we will now make this a new tradition!  On the last day of school we’ll go and paint something together!  This year we decided on measuring spoons.  I know, what?! But it gave the girls several things to paint and I needed new ones anyway.  I think Chloe got more on her than her spoon…

IMG_3477

but she didn’t care :)

IMG_3478IMG_3479

Masterpieces!

IMG_3480

Towards the end of the day I was less sentimental and more excited about what the summer has in store for us.  Lots of fun activities planned for us and I think I can speak for all of us Granger’s- Bring It On!

No comments: